What is Astrology?
Astrology is an ancient art of studying the movement of celestial bodies. It is used to tell about someone’s character or predict their future. It consists of 12 Zodiac signs and how they affect our life. Astrology can be defined in the clearest way as applied philosophy which offers a special, cosmic perspective of events that take place in our lives. This makes the events tidy, and therefore, it can help us find a solution to the trouble.
What is a Horoscope?
Horoscope is an astrological chart depicting the positions of the Sun, moon, planets etc. It is a forecast of a person’s future based on the positions of stars and planet at the time of birth.
What is the Zodiac?
The zodiac is an area of the sky that extends approximately 8° north or south of the ecliptic. It is the twelve astrological signs each named for a constellation. These can be names as following
1. Capricorn (December 22-January 20)
2. Aquarius (January 21-February 19)
3. Pisces (February 20-March 20)
4. Aries (March 21-April 19)
5. Taurus (April 20-May 19)
6. Gemini (May 20-June 20)
7. Cancer (June 21-July 22)
8. Leo (July 23-August 21)
9. Virgo (August 22-September 22)
10. Libra (September 23-October 22)
11. Scorpio (October 23-November 21)
12. Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)
What are the Key Planets in Astrology?
Key planets generally refer to the Sun and Moon in the chart. The Sun is your purpose in life. The Moon is your emotional receptor. The Moon shows how you relate emotionally to yourself, nurture yourself, and how you address emotional situations.
What are Zodiac Signs?
Zodiac signs are the astrological signs named for a constellation. There are 12 zodiac signs, and each sign has its own strengths and weaknesses, its own specific traits, desires and attitude towards life and people.
Each of the 12 horoscope signs belongs to one of the four elements – Air, Fire, Water and Earth
The Water Signs are: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. Water signs are exceptionally emotional and ultra-sensitive
The Fire Signs are: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. Fire signs tend to be passionate, dynamic, and temperamental
Earth Signs are: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. Earth signs are “grounded” and the ones that bring us down to earth
The Air Signs are: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius. Air signs are rational, social, and love communication and relationships with other people.
What are the Astrological Houses?
- There are 12 houses in all and each one represents an area of experience. The planets in these houses tell you the energy that is to be expressed in that department of life.
The First House of the horoscope represents you, your identity, your essence and your physical body.
- The Second House of the horoscope describes the values that you hold, including your personal sense of self-worth, self-esteem, talents, and ability to survive.
- The Third House represents your mind; it’s the natural house of Gemini so it relates to your ideas, thinking, and communications.
- The Fourth House is representative of your emotional needs. It refers to the past, childhood patterns, family, and physical home.
- The Fifth House is the house of creativity, love, and children. It shows how you express yourself.
- The Sixth House shows the responsibilities and commitments that you will make. It also rules health issues.
- The Seventh House is all about significant relationships and marriage.
- The Eighth House is about intimacy, bonding, trust, and attitudes toward sex and taboos.
- The Ninth House represents your faith and beliefs on a more philosophical level. It also pertains to higher education, legal, and religious systems.
- The Tenth House is all about what you want to attain in this life – we often simply call it the career.
- The Eleventh House is about your goals. It is where you can find more impersonal friends and contacts.
- The Twelfth House is about your internal link with the cosmic lies within you. It is the house of dreams. It also represents prisons, cloistered places, and hospitals.
How do I find out more on Astrology?
These days, the internet has made it quite possible to access almost all the information on astrology. There are so many books written on astrology nowadays as well.
Apart from that, you can also contact your nearby astrologer or feel free to contact us. We would be more than happy to assist you.